“Time and momentum are 2 of the mot precious resources. #45 has squandered it all.
-Gallop 1st poll (2 wks) 43% says to #45 -NO after 2 weeks on the job compared to Obama 63%; Bush 59%
-#45 campaigned as a deal maker… not one single measure through
-The republican party in the house and senate is dysfunctional
-Republicans just won’t legislate -their terms or none at all
-#45 cannot rely on the 200 + majority
-The idea of any bipartisan support
-The President set the battle lines too quickly
-#45 does not understand the details
-The scandals and controversies has hurt Presidential support
-Trump- a burden rather than an advantage
-Republicans scattered after last night announcement asking Comey … none wanted to be interviewed
-Crystal ball victories??? none that the media can see right now.
-Yes, I believe ‘the memo’ exist
-Do you think bipartisanship will/can come back to Washington? last 30 years it’s been downhill- some of it’s the media,
-Steady gerrymandering of districts, large majority is mostly Republican; ‘establishment in Washington’ is now a huge problem;
-The country is too split to solve the problems with one party.
– Media will not make more efforts to be more equitable
– Gorsuch, will restore the balance to the Supreme Court
– How can you tell real news fro fake news? Not news yo don’t like, just not true. News sources have to be from a media that has an editorial process
– Do not rely on just 1 source
– The burden is now on the citizen to be more discerning and search for good sources
– Sean Spitzer… there is a disconnect between he and his boss. Communications team is lacking a plan, President is not giving them enough timely information.
-From your close-up lens of the President- what qualities do he have to move the country forward- he’s smart, charismatic figure, dominate the room, thinks outside the box..just too controversial, and do not understands Washington to bring people together. His strengths are his weaknesses, these can all be very dangerous things- He has to have steadiness, discipline, and temperament, and not lose his bearing, It’s still an open-question?
-Trump is pretty scary on a national focus, can anyone coach him on diplomacy? General feeling – he has put together a solid, steady , serious team. Question is does Trump listen? He ad-libs! Give up confidential information.
- How can Trump control his leaks? Serious problem. Blame the officials in his cabinet. This goes tot he in experience of this president. He mad a mistake by taking on and belittling the FBI and the Intelligence community. There is a price to pay for the firing and rhetoric. Never seen leaking like this before….the president stirred up the hornets nest 1st.
- Trump children playing a major role?- Trump does not trust anyone in his cabinet- you cannot run a government like you run your own company- Ivanka has limited experience, and say No to him and he has to accept it.
- How can Trump get the ship back on course… if he was to ask you….’He has to focus on the issues that affect the county, jobs, national security, – stop focusing on himself, or his legitimacy as president. He has to begin to worry about the votors who put him in office, stop running solo, he needs discussion, and take the advice of the the folk who are around you. do your job.