Nearly one-third of American households, or 38.1 million, paid more than 30% of their incomes for housing in last year, making them “cost-burdened” according to Harvard University’s Joint Center for Housing Studies. And the situation for the expanding pool of renters is just as grim. Renters are bearing the brunt of the affordability crisis — but that’s burdening owners too.
1) They’ll give you the shirt off their back if you need it. Community really means something here.
2) Creativity is king. If you’re expressing yourself freely, you’re gonna get some love down here.
3) Nothing kills the party here. We know how to keep it going no matter what—even when the people with Jesus signs come out!
4) We take our food really really seriously. That means that if you get invited to a dinner party down here, don’t eat all day—it’s gonna be amazing.
5) We look each other in the eye and say hello as we pass in the street. It makes a huge difference when you’re having a bad day.
6) People in New Orleans know what it means to have hard times—so they are always there if you need someone to talk to. In New Orleans, we’ve all been through a lot. So we’re here when you need us.
7) It takes nothing to get people up and dancing. Even so-so music will get people on the dance floor because we know life is short and you’ve gotta have fun while you can.
8) Making your home beautiful is important. People in New Orleans take pride in making sure their surroundings are gorgeous.
9) We know how to make sure you are remembered well! Our tradition of jazz funerals is truly beautiful.
Posted in New Orleans July 30, 2016